CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Really Big Weekend!!

This weekend we had Audrey blessed at church. We felt so honored to have my cousins Jeff and Karyn Manuel do the blessing. We had so many firends and family that came- we love you all and appreciate you sharing in such a special moment in our lives.We were trying to take a picture with Grandma and Grandpa after church- of course Audrey was crying b/c she was hungry.
Jeff offering the prayer of blessing. Karyn said Audrey seemed to have a calm come over her as soon as Jeff began to pray.
Grandpa figured Audrey would scream through the prayer- actually she slept though the whole service. She woke up when I handed her to Karyn, but some how I imagine she knew what was going on becuase she was a perfect baby.
It was such a beautiful service- and The prayer was so special.
I think this was the moment of the hand off- Karyn was so nervous ( but she truly kept Audrey calm any time she held her this weekend.) I have always loved my mother's voice- it has such a claming sound. It meant so much to have her read during the service- she read "the gift of a child"
If you have never heard my brother sing you are missing out- he has a beautiful singing voice- and we appreciate so much that he sang for Audrey's blessing.

Kelly was taking pictures for us- and she caught some great crowd pictures. What's funny about this picture is we are all watching Jeremy change Audrey's diaper- he is such a great dad.
One of my best friends Brenna and her husband Jeff came to the service with their beautiful daughter Sydney. Here she and Lily are playing the piano ( or banging the keys.)
My Aunt Judy came for the blessing- we were talking about how Audrey has my Nana's chin in this picture. This is probably the best picture of Audrey's dress- and those RED shoes!!
Here's Audrey with her cousin Sydney.


This weekend was the KC Marathon. About six months ago the cousins decided that it would be fun for everyone to be involved. Maybe this is why it took me so long to get pregnant - so that I could get out of it. Despite Michael not really training- he did a great job!!
Elsa looking good. Mom, Jon, Lily, Audrey and I were there to cheer her on. I know Mom and I didn't run, but I promise you we were pobably just as tired taking care of the kids.
Dad and Kelly(baby Yoder too) having fun walking the 1/2 Marathon. Kelly even had time to snap pictures(yes she is better than me- I got out of the marathon for having a baby and she did it while pregnant.) My dad turned 56 last tuesday- he is really putting me to shame that he did the marathon and I didn't. I am really proud of you Dad!!
A group photo of all the Marathoners- Jeremy, Dad, Ryan, Kelly, Karyn, Jeff, Elsa, Mike, and Jamie. You guys are awesome. Jeff was #1 (7 minute miles- wow!!) and Jeremy and Karyn despite not running togther finished at the exact same time.
You can see- no one was too tired for a little fun.



Trying to get around KC with all the streets blocked was really hard- so unfortunately I didn't get to see Jeremy actually running. He finished in a little over two hours and didn't really train- Audrey and I are so proud of him!!
We got together on Friday night for a pasta dinner for all the people running the marathon. This was the first time Audrey got to meet Karyn.
Jeff and Karyn live in Denver while Jeff is in his residency- so this was a great weekend with them- we wish you guys lived closer.
Audrey with my Aunt MaryJo- unfortunately Audrey always seemed to be passed to her when she was getting fussy- we promise she loves you very much Aunt MJ






2 comments:

Mommy K said...

Awesome...looks like the Blessing was just perfect! I love the picture of you, Jeremy and Audrey (when she's in the Baby Bjorn) at the Marathon. You know I love "curly-haired Stacy!"
Love you lots!

Beth Comer said...

Looks like you had a beautiful weekend! The weather looks like it was awesome for the race. And Audrey's dress was adorable for the blessing.

p.s. I'm curious about something. Would you mind sending me your e-mail or something, so I can ask you? bss710@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Love,
Beth Comer (Sperry)